Your doctor will decide when you are ready to leave the hospital. Please arrange for a family member or friend to help in your departure from the hospital. Your doctor or nurse will give you instructions about post-hospital care. If you have questions about your diet, activities, or other matters, please ask at this time. Before you leave, check closets and drawers for personal items.
Before You Leave
Make sure you have the following information before you leave the hospital:
- What, if any, dietary restrictions you need to follow and for how long.
- What kinds of activities you can and can’t do.
- How long how to properly care for any injury or incisions.
- You may have follow-up tests and need to schedule them.
- What medicines you must take, why, and for how long .
- When you need to see your physician.
- Home-care instructions for your caregiver, such as how to get you in and out of bed, how to use and monitor any equipment, and what signs and symptoms to watch out for.
- Telephone numbers to call if you or your caregiver has any questions pertaining to your after-hospital care.